The Building Services Consultant is responsible for providing technical expertise on mechanical projects at Senior Living Communities. This individual works directly with customers to understand their needs, and partners with an internal Project Associate to propose and execute on solutions through a network of local 3rd party service providers who perform the work. The BSC is responsible for developing strategic solutions, technical review & clarification, some Service Provider (SP) management, and sales support all geared towards delivering an exceptional customer experience on complex opportunities.
Director, TELS Operations
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Bid creation and presentation
- Work with customers directly to understand their needs and provide solutions, through either defining a scope or work or confirming/refining customers own
- Translate customer needs to 3rd party SPs
- Collaborate with a Direct Supply Project Associate to ensure bids are returned from SP, have a complete scope of work, and are accurately priced
- Create customer facing proposals
- Assist in technical presentation of proposals as needed
- Transaction Fulfillment
- Establish & communicate clear job expectations with service providers, and verify with SPs that those expectations were met
- Work with SPs to troubleshoot potential fulfillment issues
- Serve as industry expert to support the sales and customer service teams and add technical value on dispatch and other services
- Respond to multiple simultaneous incoming requests from internal Partners and SPs via phone, mobile applications, and email communication
- Service Provider Management
- Evaluate SP proposals for accuracy and validation of scope and price
- Drive SP performance through the use of clear expectations, escalation and contract enforcement
- Engage Supply Chain resources to help resolve systematic issues
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Use internal systems and other resources to resolve customer issues.
- Identify and support process improvement activities
- Provide training and mentoring to new hires and support On the Job Learning.
- Serve as the responsible party to mitigate loss on large and complex jobs, including but not limited to project net loss, bid/no bid decisions, complex strategy and supplier negotiation
- Participate in projects as assigned by leader, including, but not limited to:
- Work with team and department to build positive working relationships
- Participate in evaluating potential new Partners through the interview process
- Department initiative