The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful completion of construction projects for Aptura. This results-oriented Project Manager works in close coordination with clients as well as team members in sales, architecture, interior design, and procurement/project administration disciplines within Aptura.
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of construction project management ranging from initiation to completion on assigned projects:
- Coordinate internally and externally with design teams during design phases and make recommendations for design decisions that will optimize construction delivery;
- Read and interpret architectural plans and construction documents, redline internally for quality control, and publish externally to clients, bidding contractors, and reviewing authorities;
- Develop positive working relationships and maintain high levels of contact with both the corporate and project levels of client organizations;
- Develop positive working relationships with and partner with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), i.e. local, county & state agencies in order to quickly and efficiently secure project approvals, permits and inspections;
- Develop project budgets, schedules and all necessary project reports while maintaining communication with internal Partners and clients;
- Create and review contract documents and enforce contractual obligations with customers and contractors;
- Solicit, prepare and review bid documents, and negotiate project construction contracts with contractors and subcontractors;
- Provide clients and other internal and external stakeholders with regular progress updates via meetings, teleconferences, and email communications; and
- Visit jobsites to review construction progress, ensure project conformance with contract documents, and provide oversight related to local, state and federal codes.
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing expectations and driving assigned projects to successful, on-time and on budget completion.
- Develop and expand a national network of high-quality, reliable contractors, subcontractors, and supplier partners to fully meet Aptura's goals and project needs through identifying, interviewing, and bidding on a project-by-project basis.