The Business Development Manager, Technology Solutions will be responsible for working with the Capital and National Account Sales Teams to prospect, qualify and win new business for Technology Solutions (TS). This individual will be responsible for selling the Technology Solutions product portfolio, including nurse call, wander management, electronic access control, video security and wireless door locks. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Design Consultant Team and Technology Designers to host customers and close TS business where we wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity.
Reports to: VP, Sales - National Accounts and Technology Solutions
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Generate new revenue in the Senior Living market through prospecting, qualifying and closing new TS business over the phone and participating in customer visits.
- Increases sales of TS products with Capital, Aptura, and National Account Sales Partners to achieve aggressive sales goals.
- Responsible for selling the Technology Solutions product portfolio, including nurse call, wander management, electronic access control, video security, wireless door locks and number of emerging technologies.
- Develop and implement selling strategies to grow territory in conjunction with National Accounts, Capital Sales, Studio Leads and Project Managers in Aptura.
- Coordinate internal resources necessary to respond quickly to customer needs, requests and problems.
- Leverage sales reports to gauge effectiveness of selling strategies.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with purchasing managers, executives, administrators, and other senior living and healthcare professionals.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to address customer requests for products, safety concerns, financing, and regulatory issues.
- Gain specialized knowledge of and understand the operations of a senior living community including: budgeting process, department roles and responsibilities, resident profiles, levels of care, and the decision-making process.
- Work with strategic manufacturer partners on key opportunities and coordination of selling activities to include joint conference calls and in person meetings on Direct Supply's behalf.
- Bring expert knowledge of Technology Solutions offerings to customers through consultative selling.
- Exceed customer's expectations by delivering consistent, positive experiences
- Analyze customer needs and present value-added solutions by delivering effective sales presentations, via telephone and during customer visit to the DS Design Center to key customers