The Project Manager III - IT will be responsible for organizing, planning, coordinating and tracking all project activities for multiple technology teams and projects. These projects, involving multiple technology and business teams, focus on developing custom software, deploying 3rd party solutions, and writing interfaces between systems. The project outputs, used by our internal teams and external customers, are core to our business continuity and success.
Reports To: Manager, Engineering
Essential Job Functions and Leadership Responsibilities:
Project Management (90%)
- Execute on projects using solid Project Management skills - plan and manage scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, resources, procurement and communication.
- Manage 1-5 highly visible projects across various technology teams.
- Work with the project team to plan and coordinate activities, define deliverables and timeframes, and track progress on projects.
- Manage issues and conflicts as they arise during the project, understanding technology issues and lead the team in making effective technical decisions.
- Communicate project status and problems to all stakeholders. Recommend solutions and work with business sponsors to resolve issues and risks.
- Engage senior leadership during decision making process, when appropriate.
- Manage changes to projects - understand and communicate the impact of changes to a project's scope, schedule and cost.
Process Improvement (10%)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on SCRUM. Help project teams adopt and excel at agile development methodologies and tools.
- Collaborate with other Project Managers to continually improve Direct Supply Project Management practices.
- Introduce innovative ideas that bring maturity to project planning, execution, reporting and portfolio management.
- Contribute to alignment of Project Management practices with technology and business objectives.