The Senior Platform Engineer operates as a subject matter expert (SME) in 3-4 of the products related to Integration and Deployment (i.e. Git, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, Jenkins) with responsibilities to help both maintain and expand our existing systems.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Engineering
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Product Ownership and Research & Development (50%)
- Enhance products through additional capabilities (automation, self-service, new features) based on business need, industry trends, and customer feedback.
- Plan the upgrades/migrations of the products/technologies.
- Research emerging technologies / execute proof of concept projects.
- Implement methods to improve system uptime and stability, such as:
- Proactive monitoring,
- Statistical dashboards and metrics, and
- Capacity management solutions.
- Set and maintain system standards and best practices.
- Create system documentation and diagrams.
- Consistently engage Technology and/or business teams that have a stake in the products owned to ensure the products are meeting their needs, as well as for strategic product planning.
- Create and manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure methods to recover from software or hardware failures are in place and tested regularly.
- Implement programmatic approaches to reduce repetitive tasks and increase speed of execution, i.e. scripting.
- Serve as an escalation point, providing tier III support for owned products. Provide technical mentoring, and consulting to other Partners assigned roles within your products.
- Technology Strategic Planning (20%)
- Monitor vendor roadmaps and industry trends.
- Complete strategic planning for products as delegated by senior System Engineers.
- Develop technology roadmaps for the products owned.
- Assist in the proposal of technology strategy, budget, and roadmaps to leadership regularly throughout the year.
- Implementation/Project Execution (30%)
- Execute the upgrades/migrations of the products owned as part of a project team or individually based on project needs.
- Execute business sponsored initiatives as part of a project team.
- Operate within an Agile Scrum team